- Student Life
- Student Government
- Student Activities Board
- Budget & Finance
- IM LeeSports
- Ka Mana'o
Leeward Community College holds one Commencement Ceremony every year in the Spring Semester.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY 2016
Friday, May 13, 2016
* Degree/Certificate application information can be found here:
The $15.00 Commencement fee must be paid by Friday, April 15, 2016 to have your name printed in the Commencement Ceremony Program.
More information will be sent to those who already paid the $15 fee by March 1st. We apologize for the delay.
If you received the postcard and email from Lexer Chou/Student Life please click on the link below to RSVP (sign up) to participate in the Commencement Ceremony from now until Wednesday, May 4th.
INFORMATION ABOUT PREPARATION FOR THE COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Cap and Gown Information
To participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you are required to wear a black cap and gown.
The sale of caps and gowns will be coordinated by the Leeward Community College Bookstore, ground level of the Campus Center. Graduates must purchase caps and gowns during the following times:
Bookstore Hours: Starting Monday, April 4th: Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
- SPECIAL EVENING HOURS ONE DAY ONLY:
Wednesday, May 11th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Bookstore is closed on weekends and on holidays.
Special sizing (extra large sizes) for gowns requires immediate notification to the Bookstore Manager at (808) 455-0205. Please allow ordering time.
The cost of the cap and gown are as follows:
Cap and Gown Set: $41
Tassel Only: $7
Cap Only: $13.75
Gold Stoles for the Honors Program: $19.50
Note: Gold stoles given to students recommended by Professor Michael Oishi. Please contact Michael Oishi at firstname.lastname@example.org to check if you are on the list to purchase gold stoles.
Phi Theta Kappa stoles and cords: Contact Phi Theta Kappa Advisor Michael Bauer at email@example.com
Phi Beta Lambda stoles and cords: Contact Warren Kawano, Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement Ceremony Announcements
Announcements are sold at the Bookstore starting Monday, April 4th for $0.50 an announcement. Announcements will also be sold at the Wai`anae campus.
Subject to change
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Dress Code for Commencement Ceremony
- Casual/business attire
- Black cap and gown
- The cap cannot be decorated
- The white collar does not need to be worn at the Ceremony. Please note that if you do not have your cap and gown on the day of Ceremoy, you will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- No head lei or lei can be worn during the ceremony
- High heel height: Maximum of 3 inches
- Footwear is required
- No personal items. You will not be allowed to carry personal items (ie. purses, bags, folders, signs, etc.) with you during the ceremony. There is no storage place for your personal items. Please give them to your family or friends before the ceremony.
·Please arrive at 4pm and check in at the bottom of the round staircase in front of the Learning Commons (You will check in according to LAST name)
·You will line up by the program you choose to represent
Ke Ala `Ike Scholars, Liberal Arts, Accounting, Automotive Technology, Business Technology, Culinary Arts, Digital Media, Hawaiian Studies, Health Information Technology, Information and Computer Science, Management, Natural Science, Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture, Substance Abuse Counseling, Teacher Education, TV Production, and Leeward CC Wai`anae
- There will be signs on the rockwall downstairs that you will line up against
Audience seating is on a first come first serve basis, so we recommend your family arrive between 4-4:30pm. THIS IS A NON TICKETED CEREMONY.
Reserved seating for disabled and elderly guests requires the tickets issued from the Student Life Office. Please find a commencement usher for assistance.
Family Meeting Area after the Ceremony:
Graduates will be the first to exit the ceremony area and the guests will be asked to stay seated until all graduates are out of the area. You will meet with your families according to the following:
- Last names A-L: Meet in Lion Courtyard: In front of the Cafe
- Last names M-Z: Meet in Theater Courtyard: Next to the Theatre and FA building
- Subject to change
Disabled Shuttle Service: There is only one seat on the golf cart so your family member may need to wait for the shuttle.
Disabled accessible parking will be located in the Theatre parking lot (first entrance). We will be providing a golf cart shuttle service ONLY to those who are disabled and need assistance to get to the ceremony. Shuttle service information:
- 4:00pm-5:30pm – Pick up at the Theatre Parking Lot
- 7:00-8:00pm – Pick up at the side of the BE Building (close to BE 101) facing Tuthill Courtyard.
- Commencement Programs will already be placed on your seats
- Your tassels should be placed on the RIGHT and will move to the LEFT at the closing of the ceremony
Want a quick FAQ print out of this information? Download the PDF below after March 1st