- Student Life
- Student Government
- Student Activities Board
- Budget & Finance
- IM LeeSports
- Ka Mana'o
Leeward Community College holds one Commencement Ceremony every year in the Spring Semester.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY 2017
Friday, May 12, 2017
* Degree/Certificate application information can be found here:
The $15.00 Commencement fee must be paid by Friday, April 21, 2017 to have your name printed in the Commencement Ceremony Program.
Fall Graduates: After you pay the fee you'll receive a postcard in the mail and the email link to RSVP for the ceremony around March
Spring Graduates: After you pay the fee you'll receive a postcard in the mail and the email link to RSVP for the ceremony around 2-3 weeks after payment if your application went through the entire process.
Please check your hawaii.edu email for updates.
INFORMATION ABOUT COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY LOGISTICS
Cap and Gown Information
To participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you are required to wear a black cap and gown.
The sale of caps and gowns will be coordinated by the Leeward Community College Bookstore, ground level of the Campus Center. Graduates must purchase caps and gowns during the following times:
- Starting Monday, April 3rd from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday - Friday
- Can’t make the Bookstore hours? Go to: www.bookstore.hawaii.edu/lcc (click on Grad Store). It is an additional $8 for shipping
Special sizing (extra large sizes) for gowns require immediate notification to the Bookstore Manager at (808) 455-0205. Please allow ordering time.
The cost of the cap and gown is as follows:
Cap and gown: $41
Tassel only: $7.25
Caps only: $13.75
Phi Theta Kappa:
Phi Theta Kappa stoles and cords: Contact Phi Theta Kappa Advisor Michael Bauer at email@example.com
Stoles sold at the Bookstore: $19.50
Phi Beta Lambda:
Phi Beta Lambda cords please contact Warren Kawano: firstname.lastname@example.org
Commencement Ceremony Announcements
Announcements can be purchased at the Bookstore. It'll be available around April 1st.
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY
Dress Code for Commencement Ceremony
- Casual/Business attire
- Black cap and gown
Please note that if you do not have your cap and gown, you will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- Black caps cannot be decorated
- Only approved PTK, PBL, and Honor’s hoods and stoles may be worn
- No head lei or lei can be worn during the ceremony
- High heel height: Maximum of 3 inches
- Footwear is required.
- No personal items. You will not be allowed to carry personal items (ie. purses, bags, folders, signs, etc.) with you during the ceremony. There is no storage place for your personal items. Please give them to your family or friends before the ceremony.
- Please arrive at 4pm and check in at the bottom of the round staircase in front of the Learning Commons (You will check in according to LAST name and you will receive a card that indicates your phonetic spelling and program).
- Please plan your transportation accordingly, the construction to and from the campus may cause delays. Please plan to leave earlier than usual.
You will line up by the program/major/community you choose to represent as listed below:
Ke Ala `Ike Scholars, Liberal Arts, Accounting, Automotive Technology, Business Technology, Culinary Arts, Digital Media, Hawaiian Studies, Health Information Technology, Information and Computer Science, Management, Natural Science, Plant Biology and Tropical Agriculture, Substance Abuse Counseling, Teacher Education, TV Production, and Leeward CC Wai`anae
o There will be signs on the rockwall downstairs that you will line up against
o Counselors will assist in lining you up alphabetically by programs
Your announcer cards that you will pick up at check in will include information from the RSVP site in the following order and will be announced when you walk across the stage:
Phonetic Spelling if you indicated one
With your announcer card you will also be given a card from the professional photographer, Picture Man Hawai`i, for future picture ordering.
You will hold on to both of these cards throughout the Ceremony, until you walk across the stage. Even if you do not want to purchase photos you MUST have a card.
Audience seating is on a first come first serve basis, so we recommend your family arrive between 4-4:30pm. THIS IS A NON TICKETED CEREMONY.
Family Meeting Area after the Ceremony:
Graduates will be the first to exit the ceremony area and the guests will be asked to stay seated until all graduates are out of the area. You will meet with your families according to the following:
- Last names A-L: Meet in Lion Courtyard
- Last names M-Z: Meet in Theater Courtyard
- Subject to change
You will be exiting once the Parade Marshals direct you towards the `Ewa side of the stage. The Diamond Head side of your rows will be blocked off. This makes it easier for you to separate into your respective courtyards to meet your families/friends.
Disabled Shuttle Service: There are only three seats on the golf cart so your family member may need to wait for the shuttle.
Disabled accessible parking and shuttle service locations will be sent via email in April/May.
- There is NO rehearsal, all the information is in this email and Counselors will be sharing this information with you when they line you up before the Ceremony.
- Commencement Ceremony Programs will already be placed on your seats, please do not take one during your walk into the Ceremony.
- Your tassels should be placed on the RIGHT and will move to the LEFT at the closing of the ceremony
- STREAMING: Do you have family and friends who are not able to attend the Ceremony? They can watch it at home! Send your family and friends the below link so they can watch you walk across the stage! Site will be live on Friday, May 12th at 5pm
- Share the pride: #LeewardGrad17
- Our hot dog vendor will be selling food at the Concourse starting at 3pm on Commencement Ceremony Day. Subject to change.
- You do NOT receive your diplomas at the Commencement Ceremony. You will receive your diploma/certificates in the mail from Admissions and Records in 16 weeks.
Quick FAQ’s can be found here or downloaded below: