- Student Life
- Student Government
- Student Activities Board
- Budget & Finance
- IM LeeSports
- Ka Mana'o
Leeward Community College holds one Commencement Ceremony every year in the Spring Semester.
COMMENCEMENT CEREMONY 2014
Friday, May 16, 2014
* Degree/Certificate application information can be found here:
The $15.00 Commencement fee must be paid by April 21, 2014 to have your name printed in the Commencement Program.
Please click on the link below to RSVP (sign up) to participate in the Commencement Ceremony (you will only be able to access the site if Lexer Chou emailed you):
INFORMATION ABOUT COMMENCEMENT LOGISTICS
Cap and Gown Information
To participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you are required to wear a black cap and gown.
The sale of caps and gowns will be coordinated by the Leeward Community College Bookstore, ground level of the Campus Center. Graduates must purchase caps and gowns during the following times:
Bookstore Hours: Starting March 31st: Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm
- SPECIAL EVENING HOURS ONE DAY ONLY:
Wednesday, May 14th from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
The Bookstore is closed on weekends and on holidays.
Special sizing (extra large sizes) for gowns requires immediate notification to the Bookstore Manager at (808) 455-0205. Please allow ordering time.
The cost of the cap and gown are as follows:
Gold Stoles for the Honors Program
Note: Gold stoles given to students recommended by Professor Joe Chernisky. Please contact Joe Chernisky at email@example.com to check if you are on the list to purchase gold stoles.
PTK stoles and cords: Contact PTK Advisors Michael Bauer and Steven Laycock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Announcements are sold at the Bookstore starting Monday, March 31st for $0.50 an announcement.
DAY OF COMMENCEMENT
Dress Code for Commencement Ceremony
- Casual/business attire
- Black cap and gown
Please note that if you do not have your cap and gown on the day of Commencement, you will not be allowed to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
- No head lei or lei can be worn during the ceremony
- High heel height: Maximum of 3 inches
- Footwear is required
- No personal items. You will not be allowed to carry personal items (ie. purses, bags, folders, signs, etc.) with you during the ceremony. There is no storage place for your personal items. Please give them to your family or friends before the ceremony.
·Please arrive at 4pm and check in at the bottom of the round staircase in front of the Learning Commons (You will check in according to LAST name)
·You will line up by the program you choose to represent
- Ke Ala `Ike Scholars, Associate in Arts, Associate in Arts in Hawaiian Studies, Associate of Arts in Teaching, Associate in Science Natural Science, Accounting, Automotive, Business, Business Tech, Culinary Arts, Digital Media, Health Information Technology, ICS, Management, Substance Abuse Counseling, TV Pro, Leeward CC Wai`anae
- There will be signs on the rockwall downstairs that you will line up against
Audience seating is on a first come first serve basis, so we recommend your family arrive between 4-4:30pm. THIS IS A NON TICKETED CEREMONY.
Reserved seating for disabled and elderly guests requires the tickets issued from the Student Life Office. Please find a commencement usher for assistance.
Family and Friends Meeting Area after the Ceremony:
Graduates will be the first to exit the ceremony area and the guests will be asked to stay seated until all graduates are out of the area. You will meet with your families according to the following:
- Last names A-L: Meet in Lion Courtyard: Uluwehi Café (towards ‘Ewa side)
- Last names M-Z: Meet in Theater Courtyard: Next to the Theatre and FA building (towards Diamondhead side)
- Subject to change
Accessible Shuttle Service: There is only one seat on the golf cart so your family member may need to wait for the shuttle.
Accessible parking will be located in the Diamondhead parking lot (first entrance). We will be providing a golf cart shuttle service ONLY to those who are disabled/elderly and need assistance to get to the ceremony. Shuttle service information:
- 4:00pm-5:30pm – Pick up at the Diamondhead Parking Lot (by the new Education Buildling)
- 7:00-8:00pm – Pick up at the side of the BE Building (close to BE 101) facing Tuthill Courtyard.
- Commencement Programs will already be placed on your seats
- Please use the restrooms BEFORE lining up with your program. There will not be an opportunity to use the restrooms during the ceremony.
- Your tassels should be placed on the RIGHT and will move to the LEFT at the closing of the ceremony
- Reserved Seating for disabled/elderly guests:
- Reserved Seating is only for the elderly and disabled who require seats. A graduate can request up to two tickets but only for those who need it. A seat cannot be granted to any other family/audience member. To reserve a ticket please email Lexer Chou, email@example.com. Reserved Seating requests are given on a first come first serve basis.
Want a quick FAQ print out of this information? Download the PDF below